Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oh and one more thing...

I had mentioned a Dark Souls review was coming, sadly the idea feel flat as I could not stop playing the game for 3 months, and by then so many others had already given very in-depth, funny and poignant reviews that anything posted in the like here felt redundant.

What I can say is this about Dark Souls:

Almost 350 hours at 2-3 hours a night
14 playthroughs
5 on first character
1 for level 40 run
1 for level 20 run
2 for level 1 run
1 for wolverine themed run
1 for Armstrong fist run
1 for mage only run
1 for pyro only run

Hands down, one of, if not the best game I have ever played.

I will also add, in contrast, Skyrim:

Played for almost 20 hours
1 playthrough-never finished

So, not GOTY, not worth all the hype, prettier version of oblivion, broken(I can ignore glitches but there is no challenge to be had in game as I can find multiple ways to break it even on master), and finally just not that fun.

So yep, Dark Souls... GO PLAY NOW!!!!

No comments: